The Canada Food Guide
was unveiled January 22, 2019, by Health Minister Ginette Petitpas-Taylor.
The CAND (Canadian Association of Naturopathic Doctors) participated in the consultations on revisions to the Guide and is pleased to see that it reflects many of the recommendations made by our Food Guide Working Group: Dr. Lowell Greib, ND; Dr. Iva Lloyd, ND and Dr. Andrew Krause, ND.
· New groups of foods are broken down into:
Fruits and Vegetables | Whole Grains | Proteins
· Healthy Food choices are now displayed on a plate illustrating how
much of a single plate should be comprised of
fruits and vegetables, whole grains and proteins
· Focus on environmental sustainability, diversity and whole foods
· The four food groups have been eliminated
· Meat and dairy are deemphasized
· Greater focus on plant-based proteins
· Water is the beverage of choice
· Focuses on warning Canadians about sugary drinks
(incl. 100% fruit juice) processed foods and alcohol consumption
· Outlines healthy eating habits – cook more often, enjoy your food,
take time to eat and eat meals with others
Source: Emailed letter to members of CAND via Dr. McGuire B.ScH, C.N.P, ND
Read more information on the new Canada Food Guide
Health Care Resources
Looking for a Medical Doctor? You can register online or call: 1-800-445-1822
Information on Massage Therapists College of Massage Therapists of ONTARIO
Information on Chiropractic: Learn more about musculoskeletal conditions and ways to help improve your overall health, Guidelines and helpful resources at Canadian Chiropractic Association
The Thermography Medical Clinic is Hosted by: Pursuit Health Orangeville.
*Reserve soon limited appointments available and book quickly.
Monday November 25th, 2019
Monday January 20, 2020